A database administrator is a person responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of databases in an organization.
The role includes the system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. They may also plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
Request for Services
Give us a call or drop by anytime, we endeavour to answer all enquiries within 24 hours on business days.
ITTI MS SQL Server DBA services team offers the following services to its customers
- Experience in working with Windows Server 2012,Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, and Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
- Experience in Installation, Support & troubleshooting of SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012.
- Documentation for installation, up-gradation & migration procedures as well configuration changes.
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server software to new versions and applying service packs and hot fixes.
- Administered, maintained, developed and implemented Standard Operating Procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database SQL server authentication, server roles, database roles and permissions.
- Monitoring of Daily Check-List & taking action accordingly.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Database consistency checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Tracked Server Activity, Query Performance and Disk usage activity statistics via Performance Data Collection.
- Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Database consistency checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Experience of Import & Export Database Objects.
- Experience of Designing & Monitoring of DTS.
- Creating Partition function, Partition scheme and multiple file groups and files to host the table data for Data partitioning.
- Monitoring of SQL Server Error Logs & Job Activity Monitor.
- Configuration & Monitoring of Maintenance plans, SQL Server Agent jobs, Database Mail, Operators & Alerts.
- Configuration & Monitoring of High Availabilities Tools – Replication, Database Mirroring, Log-Shipping & Clustering.
- Management of DB Backup & Restore Activities.